Germany currently has one of the best economies in the Eurozone. It is a federal country with a large number of metropolitan areas that have become important economic centers.
A series of economic and social factors, from lifestyle to financial interests, make the German market an ideal place for property investment:
Real Estate Market
Housing continues to be a fundamental need, but the German market has a permanent annual gap between supply and demand and this trend seems to be even greater in the future (according to statistics, the annual demand in 2025 will be as high as 310,000 compared to 188,000 residences built in that year). This gap will ensure a thriving market for the real estate and construction sectors.
Other factors that are also worth mentioning:
- The prices for both new and existing buildings have simultaneously and consistently increased since the beginning of 2010
- Since most of inhabitants are not homeowners, the rental market continues to be vast and of great importance
- The gradual flexibilization of rental control systems has created a high growth potential in the sector
- Rental prices have also increased, though at a slower rate
- Prices are still rather low, compared to other European marketplaces